Once an investigation has been carried out it is the patient’s responsibility to contact the practice for the result.
They will be advised at that time of the GP’s comments:
- Nothing to report - there is nothing within the letter
- Within normal limits - especially used with blood results
- To make an appointment with the GP of their choice
- Speak - to make a telephone consultation appointment for the GP to speak to the patient to advise them directly of the result
- Repeat - for some reason the test requires to be repeated (normally administration staff will contact the patient for this)
Please note that we do have a strict policy regarding confidentiality and data protection. In this respect we will only give out results to the person they relate to unless that person has given prior permission for their release or if they are not capable of understanding them.
Requests for test results are between the hours of 3.30m to 5pm, Monday to Friday.